Communications and Engagement Coordinator
Applications close: COB Tuesday May 18, 2021
- Do you want to work in a small, dynamic team that supports women living with HIV?
- Do you have great communication skills and experience across a variety of media and platforms and excellent organisational skills?
Positive Women Victoria is recruiting for a Communications and Engagement Officer to help our peer support team and Executive Officer keep women living with HIV up-to-date, engaged and informed through our website, social media, publications and email communications, and events.
This busy but rewarding part-time role requires high-level written and verbal communication skills, a strong sensitivity to and understanding of the impact that a HIV diagnosis can have on women’s lives, and an ability to work collaboratively and with initiative in a small team of women.
This is a varied position and entails writing and producing written communications in a variety of electronic and printed formats, maintaining the organisation’s website and social media presence, and working with the Positive Women Victoria board, team, members, clients and stakeholders to organise, promote and deliver events and other engagement opportunities.
Applications are encouraged from women who may have backgrounds in relevant areas such as communications or journalism, have relevant experience in or a desire to work in the not-for-profit health sector, and who have high-level skills in writing for a range of media, including websites and social media, as well as great organisational capabilities.
This is not a role providing direct peer-to-peer advice or peer support. However, Positive Women Victoria is a supportive working environment, and applications from women living with HIV who have suitable skills and experience are particularly encouraged and welcomed.
This fixed-term part-time position is remunerated under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award (Level 4), and is based at Coventry House in Southbank, Melbourne, however, we have flexible workplace arrangements and applicants will with capacity to work remotely will be considered.
The Communications and Engagement Coordinator will work closely with PWV’s Executive Officer and peer support workers to help empower and connect women through information and events.
How to apply for this job
- Please read the atttached Position Description carefully.
- Please provide your current CV and a cover letter that briefly addresses the key role criteria listed in the Position Description. Provide specific examples of how you meet these criteria where you can.
- Applications should be sent via email to the Executive Officer, Kirsty Machon, firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line Communications and Engagement Coordinator.
Applications close COB Tuesday May 18, 2021. For further information, please contact Kirsty Machon on 0478 827 217 or kirsty@positive